[Amps] When to leave the amp on vs turn off.

Martin Sole hs0zed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 09:22:04 EDT 2018

My 77D(x) had sat for many years unused when it came to me, it’s a very early s/n but still a great amp. Initially the blower was horrendously noisy.
Finally I pulled it out and stripped it down. Low and behold proper ball bearing races at each end. I forget the number now but they are a standard off the shelf bearing.
I used a windscreen wiper blade puller to extract the old bearings and a suitable sleeve to drive home the new bearings. Awesome result and the only noise now is air movement. Other than that a failed capacitor would seem the only likely failure so it’s hard to imagine a need to replace the motor. Replacing the bearings is easy and straightforward just work methodically and clean.

Martin, HS0ZED

Sent from my iPhone