[Amps] ACOM 1500 and transmit delay

wa3afs at nycap.rr.com wa3afs at nycap.rr.com
Mon Dec 3 23:24:14 EST 2018

I di not get any answers to my question previously.

I recently had to place my 2.5 year old ACOM 1500 into an envelope (large) and ship it off to
be repaired due to the 1ATR4B error which was the indication that the Transmit Receive
relay had died.

My question....I was driving the amp with the ICOM 7610 which had its transmit delay set to
10ms.  Could that had caused the trouble.   I am now running the 7610 with the transmit
delay set to 20ms.  Or does the transmit delay even matter for an amp with the t/r relay being
a vacumn relay?  I would not like to pay the shipping charges again for the ACOM 1500
which weighs about 58 pounds before adding the double layer box, lots of peanuts and an
outer box.

Thanks and 73

 -- Bruce Goldstein, WA3AFS
   AEC, Albany County
    ASEC, Eastern NY
    SKYWARN Regional Coordinator, NWS, Albany, NY
     Net Manager, ENY ARES/RACES Section Net