[Amps] Amp for 444 mHz

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Feb 28 18:13:52 EST 2018

SSB? FM? Digital?  What kind of duty cycle?  Mobile or home station?

I'm assuming (which is never safe) you want SS.

If you are willing to go new there are a number of  SS amps available
for FM.  A quick search should turn up quite a few in the 10 to 50W
drive and 160 out range. There are a few in the 200W range and it
"seems" as if I remember seeing one with 300W out.
Back in the 70s I had a complete, self contained, 600W out SS amp.  Wish
I'd kept it.

Now if you want AB1 for SSB, there are some new SS amps that run up to a
KW out, but they are definitely not inexpensive.
There are also tube amps that run from 800 to the legal limit. Again a
search might find some, new and/or used.

There are the Old Henry tube amps that use a 3CX800 that occasionally
show up for sale.

Availability in EU?  Import duty, VAT, and shipping might make one from
the US pretty expensive
IIRC there are several companies in the EU building tube and SS high
power VHF amps. Again, not cheap.

Good Luck.

73, Roger (K8RI)