[Amps] Low pass filters and saturated operation

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Mon Jan 1 19:49:33 EST 2018

Steve,

> coughdiplexer

No go!  While it's true that a diplexer would nicely terminate all
harmonics and thus avoid impedance transformation in the line, it would
also negate the main advantage of an ET transmitter, which is the high
efficiency. With a near square wave voltage at the drains, a diplexer
would dissipate a considerable amount of power in the load resistor.

The game is making an amplifier that does not dissipate power generated
at harmonic frequencies, but that simply doesn't generate any power
there. To that end the low-pass filter cannot be a diplexer.

Rob,

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7G7xOG2Ag

Ha ha!  Excellent! A keeper. I hope I didn't sound like that to too many
people here! :-)

Manfred