[Amps] Sad State of the Hobby

Thomas Walsh w2co at comcast.net
Sat Jan 20 17:42:18 EST 2018

Actually the 6o6o dxpedition to Somalia had the kpa500
and the 1000, the 500 died aprox. three days into the
operation and they didn't even operate most of the day..
This speaks volumes about ss' capabilities in demanding
operations which aren't even close to CCS. Sure if you
operate sparingly and let it cool down in between it'll
probably last ten years. But this was the first real dxpedition
using one and it failed very quickly. Damn I really needed 6o
too. Oh well

Sent from my iPad