[Amps] Commander HF 2500

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 12:44:02 EST 2018

A friend of mine and I got into an old Command amp to fix a problem a
friend of ours was having with it.  Can't remember if it was a one or
two tube amp, but I came away being glad I never owned one.  Meters
glued to the front panel, 1 KV plate transformer with v. doubler, and
diodes and filter caps inaccessible inside a shield under the output
network if I remember right.  To get to them you'd have to disassemble
a lot of the amp.  If a user were paying an hourly shop rate, he'd
probably wind up forking over several hundred bucks because it would
take a repair tech. a few hours to get in and out of the filter cap
section.  When it was all over I advised the owner to sell that thing
before it has a real problem he has to pay someone to fix.

73

Rob
K5UJ