[Amps] 8877 negative grid current

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Sun Jul 15 10:18:40 EDT 2018

That’s abnormal behavior for an 8877, Conrad, and it’s interesting
your friend hasn’t seen the negative grid current with other tubes.
Otherwise, i’d speculate the problem was a measurement artifact,
caused by a small leakage of the cathode current to chassis ground
(instead of all of it returning directly to the B- line.) When that
happens, it can cause a negative deflection of the grid current meter,
but that doesn’t reflect actual grid current.
73,
Jim w8zr

Sent from my iPhone