[Amps] Lube for roller inductor

Stan Gammons s_gammons at charter.net
Sun Jul 29 23:29:13 EDT 2018

On 07/07/2018 01:05 PM, Bert wrote:
> I don't think Penetrox is a good idea for a roller inductor. As far as
> I know, Penetrox is only conductive if put under pressure.
>
> I would suggest one of the CAIG DeOxit products, e.g. DeOxit 5.
>
> Bert VE3NR

Kind of reviving this thread since I have a roller inductor that was
acting a bit flaky, so I took it out and gave it a good cleaning in my
ultrasonic cleaner.  No lubes left on it now and it's very clean.  So,
what is general consensus, DeOxit D5 is Ok to use to use on the roller?
Unsure how much of a lubricant it is, but I know it's a great contact
cleaner.

73

Stan
KM4HQE