[Amps] Amp for 444 mHz

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Wed Mar 7 03:58:38 EST 2018

45C might be pushing the ambient temp a bit.
For static buildup you might find this paper of interest:
http://apps.geindustrial.com/publibrary/checkout/Arresters?TNR=White%20Papers%7CArresters%7Cgeneric
There are a number of commercially available arrestors.  The solid state
ones "usually" limit DC (static) to very low values although they can be
a bit on the expensive side. OTOH they are a lot cheaper than the
equipment they protect.

Coax from exciter to amp of 50 meters (roughly 162 feet) of lmr-300
would be a fair amount of loss at 440.  I didn't look it up so I don't
know the real value at 440.

OTOH SS 440 amps can be found with fairly low drive requirements.

73, Roger (K8RI)

Roger (K8RI)