[Amps] What TX delay is needed so as not to hot switch an OM Power OM2200HF amp?

Steve Ireland vk6vz at arach.net.au
Mon Mar 19 07:00:06 EDT 2018

G'day

I am wanting to set the TX Delay on my IC-7610 for an OM Power OM2200HF amplifier, so as to avoid the potential for 'hot switching'. The OM Power manual doesn't indicate what type of TR relay is used in the OM2200HF, so I have been very conservative and set the TX delay (key down delay) to 25mS (to be sure, to be sure).

Please, is there anyone out there using this kind of amplifier who can advise me what actual amount of TX delay is needed with the OM2200HF amp?

Thank you!

Vy 73

Steve, VK6VZ

---