[Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled tube amplifiers

Roger (K8RI) k8ri at rogerhalstead.com
Fri May 4 13:28:25 EDT 2018

The system I worked on was installed around 1960 and AFAIK it came out
of service around 2000 - 2010. As for the copper oxide, the  foot and a
half to two foot long anodes of the tubes  in the 200+ KW generators
looked like they'd been stuck in a sewer.  That deposit sure didn't look
like what it really was :-D Back in those days changing the water was
pretty much our only known option.

Just from the size of the pump, I think John's system was far larger
than ours.

73, Roger (K8RI)