[Amps] Relationship between Q and SWR in PI network.

Jeff DePolo jd0 at broadsci.com
Mon May 28 11:19:50 EDT 2018

> Should be 212+j212 I believe to produce impedance of 300 Ohms.
>
> Bill

212+j212 is a Zmag of 300, but that doesn't equate to a 6:1 VSWR with a Z0
of 50 ohms; it's 8.6:1 VSWR.  I think the previous poster was trying to
compare two different complex Z's that both yielded a 6:1 VSWR, and his
alternative of 150+j150  was close to 6:1.  I get 146+j146 to be as close as
you can get to 6:1 VSWR using whole numbers for R == X, for whatever that's
worth :-)

				--- Jeff WN3A

---