[Amps] power limiting in 8410 amps?

Leigh Turner invertech at frontierisp.net.au
Wed Nov 7 17:56:55 EST 2018

Good point that you make here Glenn.

My comment about optimum screen voltage for unconstrained Po was predicated
on the assumption the design value of cathode NFB resistor(s) was still
correct and had not changed...its good later production 8410 amps were set
to the higher 225 V on the screen.

The use of stability and linearity enhancing NFB per se would not cause
significant gain compression; just linearly reduce the amplifier power gain?

In one of my 4CX800/GU-74B AB1 tetrode linear amps, there's a front panel
toggle switch selection of screen voltage for Hi and Lo power output, so
this has been a commonly applied technique in some designs.

73

Leigh

VK5KLT

  _____