[Amps] heat sinks

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Fri Nov 16 15:39:45 EST 2018

Larry,

my reply won't be the most helpful, but anyway:

Make a highly efficient amplifier. Then you don't need a huge heatsink.

Other than this, Heatsink USA is where I have bought heatsinks several
times. Even from my location in Chile, with much more expensive
international shipping, it was my best option.

Since then I have been collecting enough heatsinks from scrapped
equipment to last for a while. Some huge ones come from a Siemens
excitation control system for a big hydroelectric generator, and a big
and very dense one, suitable for dissipating several kilowatts of heat
with the help of a powerful blower, came from a Peltier chiller.

Maybe you can find some good big ones in industrial scrap yards. VVF
drives for motors are massively used, rarely repaired when they fail,
and the bigger ones often have rather large heatsinks in them.

Manfred