[Amps] stuff forsale!

Bill Turner dezrat at outlook.com
Sun Oct 14 18:45:56 EDT 2018

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 00:32:46 -0000, you wrote:

>Commander HF-2500 amp s/n 443 = $1200 plus shipping
>                All band
>                this vintage does NOT have grid protection
>
>Commander HF-2500 amp s/n 698 = $1200 plus shipping
>                modified to do 40-10m only
>                modification will handle RTTY contests on 40m
>                this vintage DOES have grid protection
>                will include damaged toroid you could refurb for all band

REPLY:

Beware of the HF-2500 in its original UNMODIFIED state. The toroid in
the output tank WILL NOT handle full RTTY power on 160-40 meters, as I
learned twice.  I suggest you ask the seller what the modification was
which enables it to do so. Otherwise, you will need ventilation fans
in the shack.  :-)

Because of this vulnerability, the manufacturer came out with the
Magnum version, which is preferable if you can find one.  They are
rare.

73, Bill W6WRT