[Amps] stuff forsale!

David Robbins k1ttt at verizon.net
Mon Oct 15 06:44:23 EDT 2018

They 'might' be ok on 160m, there are no big rtty contests on that band so
haven't actually tested one there.  The problem with 40m and 80m is due to
the shorted turns on the toroid creating lots of heat which eventually melts
down the plastic support.  I went through several of them before I modified
one for 80m single band and this one forsale for 40-10m.  For the 80m single
band one  I removed the network for the high bands and put a larger toroid
on top of the rf deck.  For the 40-10m mod I replaced the 3 band toroid with
one that has only turns for 40m on it and also opened up the tiny air holes
a bit more.  As an added advantage they tune much nicer and run cooler than
the originals since the toroid isn't wasting all that rf making itself hot!

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt at arrl.net
web: http://wiki.k1ttt.net
AR-Cluster node: 145.69MHz or telnet://k1ttt.net:7373