[Amps] Which amp for legal limit RTTY?

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Oct 16 13:56:30 EDT 2018

On 10/14/2018 10:28 PM, Bill Turner wrote:
> Over the years I've used many amps for HP R?TTY contesting and have
> found only one auto tune amp that will do legal limit RTTY without
> smoke:  An Alpha 9500.

I bought a pair of vintage 87A about 18 months ago (both with AlphaMax),
and have done a fair amount of CW, SSB, and RTTY contesting with them.
One has the extra fan, the other does not. I operate most contests SO2R.
So far, I've seen no issues with either amp running at legal limit.
During contests, I mostly run (call CQ) with a 2.5 sec listening interval.

73, Jim K9YC