[Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier

Ron Youvan ka4inm at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 09:34:19 EDT 2018

Tom Osborne wrote:

> It would be interesting to d a study and see just how many CW op's actually
> work QSK.  I've been on CW since '54 and have never used it (except back in
> my CW traffic days with a separate antenna on the RX).  73
> Tom W7WHY

>  Bruce <w8hw at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Roger is correct. Fast (semi break-in) works very well and is better and
>> safer for equipment than QSK. Additionally, I have seen the same issues
>> with speeds above 35WPM in some cases.

   I started as a novice with a DX-100 and before I got it on the air I
built a solid state TR switch (using a RadioShack no name JFET) into the
transmitter, so there was a receiver connector on the back of the
transmitter.  My first cw contact was with full "break in keying."
Initially and to this day I find bursts of noise and band sounds between
elements undesirable.
Now I use the VOX delay to keep the transceiver in the TX mode
continually unless I pause unusually long between words.
--
    Ron KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                 Every action results in unwanted side effects.