[Amps] RX protection scheme, is this sound?

Steve g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 10:43:30 EDT 2018

I think I'd go for higher speed diodes. A professional VLF multicoupler
I worked on decades ago used a string of 6 or 8 MUR120 diodes back to
back. The number was needed because of extremely high signal handling
capability, one or two would be plenty for a normal radio.

Another option is to add a sacrificial preamp in front of the
receiver(s), using something cheap and readily replaceable. I've learned
the hard way, test gear front ends come expensive.

Steve