[Amps] 87A Display Issue

Dick Green wc1m73 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 13:34:22 EDT 2019

Long time ago I had a similar problem with the Ip display where the lowest LED would be on all the time at idle (should be off). Gradually more LEDs lit up. Turned out to be a bad op amp.

Have you checked the output of U12A? If the output is maxed there, could be that half of U12 or maybe zener D10. If the voltage is good there, but maxed coming out of the mux, then likely it’s the mux input pin for HV. I could be wrong, but it looks like the HV signal goes through the U15 analog mix, not U13. Was that a typo? If not, check the other mux.

Let us know what you find.

73, Dick WC1M

73, Dick WC1M