[Amps] ten tec centurion qsk

Robert Arenella rja12 at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 17:35:50 EST 2019

On 12/9/2019 1:07 PM, gudguyham--- via Amps wrote:
> The amp should not pull any plate current in standby.  If it does, you either have a shorted tube or a shorted pass transistor in the bias circuit which is common in that amp.  A good tube arc will cause that.

I agree with Lou's statement 100%.  Way back when, I owned a TT
Centurion.....Turned it on one day.....Bright purple flash and a bang.
Ordered a new set of Eimac 3-500z's & installed them.  Fired up the amp
& it was drawing Ip with no drive.  Replaced the 2N3055 transistor & all
was fine.

73,
Bob
N2OAM