[Amps] SB-220 flash over in power supply

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 10:15:07 EST 2019

Sorry. Here it is:

I've heard that RF can damage electrolytic caps, so it it a problem.
You might try paralleling a larger bypass capacitor at the bottom of the
choke. If you do that, you will notice a change in the tuning because
the choke acts like part of the tank circuit.
You could also add another choke with higher inductance after the bypass
capacitors, just to keep RF out of the power supply.
Just the thoughts of a non-expert.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel