[Amps] Low efficiency on 160 m

Markku Oksanen ww1c at outlook.com
Fri Dec 20 01:18:41 EST 2019

All

Thanks for the info.  I know the G3SEK tool quite well.

I believe the power measurement is close to OK, I have a bird and two other meters to check this and all show similar power values.

I added capacitance to the load side of the tank circuit and I get a bit better efficiency now.
Interestingly, the best settings still have the load capacitor fully meshed meaning that the optimal load would be still lower than what I have.  However I am not quite sure as the tank circuit is a variometer design and the plate capacitor is fixed.

Markku