[Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Wed Jan 9 10:22:18 EST 2019

Ulf, David,

> I did a google search for the Crydom CSD2525P SSR but I can't find
> any datasheet - could it be a "special" for some particular
> application and is incompatible with what you are trying to do?

Indeed - I couldn't find a datasheet either! The closest seems to be the
CSW2425, which is a snubberless, zero-crossing triggering, antiparallel
SCR SSR. Snubberless is definitely not the right kind to use here, and
zero-crossing triggering also leads to more trouble than advantages when
controlling transformers.

But that's for the CSW2425, not what you have...

Ulf, maybe you got a Chinese "eBay special" devices - which means fakes!
  In that case nobody can tell what's really inside your little black
boxes. There are quite a few crooks in China re-labeling ultra cheap or
defective parts to look like more expensive, famous-branded ones. But
the practice seems to be getting less common. Lately almost all parts I
have ordered from China were real. Emphasis on "almost".

Manfred