[Amps] SSR in amp PS not working as expected

Manfred Mornhinweg manfred at ludens.cl
Wed Jan 9 15:51:49 EST 2019

> I mistyped. The correct marking is Crydom CSD2425P. There are data sheets.

I see. Now I got the datasheet, and indeed you have the wrong kind of
SSR. It's a zero-crossing triggering one, AND snubberless. If you had
gotten the -10 version (CSD2425P-10), which is instant-triggering, it
would probably work. And if you got one that also has a snubber, or else
if you add a snubber, the chances for correct operation with inductive
loads will increase.

Note that the datasheet, which is for several variants, even spells out
that the zero-crossing triggering versions are for resistive loads, and
the "random fire" (I prefer the term "instant triggering") versions are
for inductive loads.

Manfred