[Amps] Removing grid shorts

Leigh Turner invertech at frontierisp.net.au
Thu Jun 13 20:18:18 EDT 2019

Hi Ron,

I tried a magnet on some old 811A broken internal electrode parts including
the grid basket and they stick to the magnet....so there might well be scope
for correcting the electrode misalignment by the means mentioned
below....nothing to loose if the defunct tube is otherwise destined to
trash.

Agree with your comment about modern tubes like the now expensive 3CX800A
with grid to cathode shorts....a judicious placed lateral blow thud with a
soft plastic head hammer might work best with them as Roman US5WDX pointed
out on this forum, although the super magnet trick might still work it the
grid electrode is sufficiently magnetic.

Leigh
VK5KLT