[Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 195, Issue 10--Replacing padder caps on an Alpha 77DX/SX

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Fri Mar 22 11:40:42 EDT 2019

Ive used the Ameritron (never paid extra from RFP) as high as ~4KW + SSB/CW
in modified LK-800A's using the 3CPX tubes and with the LK-550 transformer.
And also 2 holer AL-1500's which was as simple as using the AL-82 tube
chassis and a filament transformer. JI pioneered that swap for his own use.

Never had a report of any failures.

Carl