[Amps] Replacing padder caps on an Alpha 77DX / SX

Carl km1h at jeremy.qozzy.com
Mon Mar 25 15:09:14 EDT 2019

I hate to break the news to you but I have a few decades more experience
building, using, and servicing amps than you can claim so back off on the
snotty comments. That includes a couple of commercial ISM products.

Getting back to the 2 holer AL-1500, it will handle ~ 3dB over 1500W and
survive if only done for short periods such as in a pileup and a bit of
extra air. A stiff 240-250V line is a given as well as using a better PS
board if the HV exceeds the cap ratings. In normal use the tubes are
loafing.

The tuning networks are up to the users but are easily tweaked if wanted as
is an external transformer.

Carl