[Amps] Quieting a Henry 2K Classic X

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 2 08:37:11 EDT 2019

 Another thing that K7EM did was to install a step start circuit in the plate transformer primary circuit. The no longer obtainable (from Henry anyway) 1214 and 1171 plate transformers are scary expensive, and should have this (or a similar SS circuit) to protect them. The cost is minimal, and it is so much better not having the console thump loudly when first turned on. Henry began to include them in later production, which should have been from the get -go.

Don N8ECH