[Amps] What limits DC plate supply voltage for GI7B?

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Fri Oct 25 11:27:32 EDT 2019

I ran a pair at about 3KV for a long time.  Once you get beyond about
2400V, the risk of a glitch goes up.  The transformer had a variety of
secondary taps and I could dial it in pretty close. Tube is more
efficient and has less Ig for a given PO at the higher voltage which
helps so it's worth the work.

And it depends a lot on the tube.  Some samples will do fine at the
higher voltage, others not so.  In my case getting the heat out was the
challenge.

If you go this route make sure you have well protected the PS as you
should expect glitching.  It's a great tube for the price.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie
www.ac0c.com