[Amps] SB-220 HV Transformer Wanted

Gary Schafer garyschafer at largeriver.net
Wed Oct 30 22:12:54 EDT 2019

No. The amp runs AB2 meaning it draws grid current.

The reason for the CW/SSB switch was to allow tune up at 1 KW DC input on
CW.
This was the regulation at the time the amp was designed. You were not
allowed to ever exceed 1 KW DC input, even during tune up.
Switching to SSB after CW tune up allowed higher PEP input by maintaining
the same plate load impedance (where the amp was tuned)for the higher power.
In other words the voltage to current ratio remained the same when the
higher voltage was selected.

73
Gary  K4FMX