[Amps] HV Fuse

Vic Rosenthal k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Fri Sep 20 15:34:14 EDT 2019

Hi Paul,

I don’t think fuses in parallel are a good idea :-). But probably you weren’t serious. I don’t know what the present rectifier modules are,  but rather than trying to protect them with a fuse, I would just make up a few strings of 6A10s, which are basically indestructible. Then you size the glitch resistor so it won’t blow up before the primary fuse blows in the event of a flashover. A nice 50 watt vitreous enameled one of 30-50 ohms should work.
By the way, I don’t know what the tubes are in that amp, but I presume one or more triodes. A fuse in the plate circuit of a tetrode will cause the screen to ignite like someone hit it with the heat ray in War of the Worlds, unless there is a screen trip circuit.

Victor 4X6GP