[Amps] Henry 3K-A choke failure...workaround?

Martin Sole hs0zed at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 22:27:39 EDT 2019

If the amp was stored in damp conditions it is possible that moisture
may be the culprit. You could try baking the choke in a low oven for a
good period of time (?). That would be sure to expel any moisture.
Failing that and with a rewind or replacement not possible then
insulating it well from ground might be a reasonable work around. I
would however be sure to label clearly inside the psu compartment what
you have done. You might well remember but who knows where it ends up in
the future. I have a friend who did that with the plate transformer in a
Henry and it worked well.

You can use paxolin, perspex, pretty much anything you can get I guess
but do label it!

73
Martin, HS0ZED