[Amps] Henry RF generators

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Dec 15 20:33:00 EST 2020

Everybody had a Chris Wilson in their school. I did.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

Hello  Joe,

 Wednesday, December 16, 2020

 Yes, here in the UK we say Heath Robinson to describe something that is cheaply made, shoddy or sometimes obviously home made. It is not usually used as an offensive description, but more with affection for something amusingly eccentric.

Here's another Henry deck, no tunable inductor, but two "Heath Robinson" variable caps ;) This is a 14 MHz deck, the previous a 27 MHz. There were seemingly several variants, some DID use a vac variable, but I have only seen photos of those. the 27 MHz deck is a 2000D, the 14 MHz one a 3000D.

Jay, unless you went to school here in the UK, in Cheadle, Cheshire, or in Manchester, no.

Best regards,
 Chris    2E0ILY      mailto:chris at chriswilson.tv