[Amps] W8ZR Autotune Amplifier Progress Report

Paul Christensen w9ac at arrl.net
Sat Dec 19 17:12:57 EST 2020

>"The PX32A is a sophisticated device containing eight fully independent
32-bit microprocessors that share 31 read/write IO ports and a common memory
for storing variables.

Jim, what amplifier functions are being divided across the eight independent
microcontrollers?  For example, does one exclusively manage the T/R
function?  Perhaps another is dedicated to monitor power supply parameters,
etc.?

My 8877 amp uses an Arduino Mega 2560 but I cram the code for all functions
into one loop.  To make this work with one microcontroller, delay commands
are invoked by comparing time registers. The main loop never stops running
at full speed no matter what delays are present.

Within the constraints of memory, it's possible to load unrelated programs
into the same microcontroller.

Paul, W9AC