[Amps] W8ZR Autotune Amplifier Progress Report

Jim jimw7ry at gmail.com
Fri Dec 25 21:01:57 EST 2020

Thanks Jim.

Good points on the gear reduction of the stepper for the band switch.

I happen to have a Ledex hooked to 86 switch. It was part of a marine or
military automatic antenna tuner. The 86 has about 4 or 5 wafers on it.
The solonoid is either 12 or 24 volts. Its been a while since I've
looked at it, but I did use it for a remote balanced tuner with a single
cap turned by a 12 volt DC gear reduction motor.
The 86 switch did not have stops, nor did it have a detent.

And yes, it only went one way, which is not a big deal. Seems to me it
took less than 3-4 seconds to come back around full rotation. It had a
small switch wafer on it to remove the voltage from the solenoid when it
got to its wanted position.

Thanks
73
Jim W7RY