[Amps] Amp causing RFI

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Mon Feb 3 15:15:51 EST 2020

Unfortunately a station ground does not magically absorb unwanted RF.
I do not even have a ground rod connected to my transceiver. I am not
sure why one amplifier would cause RFI and another one would not
unless the output was significantly different. The output power was
not mentioned in the original post. I would definitely use a quality
feedline and chokes at the antenna to minimize RF current on this
feedline.

John KK9A

John Bodine john.bodine at gmail.com

Drive a ground rod close to your operating position and connect to it. Your
problems will be cured.