[Amps] Amp causing RFI

MU 4CX250B 4cx250b at miamioh.edu
Tue Feb 4 22:23:41 EST 2020

There’s no such thing as a ground loop?That is not correct, Jim! Of course,
ground loops exist, along with substantial documentation on how to minimize
them. I first encountered ground loops in grad school at Cornell, when part
of my dissertation involved measuring nanovolt DC voltages in ultra pure
metals at liquid helium temperatures. I’m sure you know that ground loops
are a major and common source of hum in low level audio signals.

A few years ago I wrote up some notes on ground loops for builders of my
StationPro controller kits. Here’s a link to my writeup which explains what
they are, what causes them, and how to minimize them. They can be nasty
little buggers.
73,
Jim w8zr

http://www.w8zr.net/stationpro/images/download%20files/Microphone%20Hum.pdf

Sent from my iPhone

There is no such thing as a ground loop, and there is no such thing as "RF
ground." I suggest that you delete that video -- based on this post, you
don't know what you're talking about, so you're recommending very bad
practice.

73, Jim K9YC