[Amps] How to Bypass TR circuitry in Alpha 86

Mark - N5OT r-emails at n5ot.com
Tue Feb 11 13:02:30 EST 2020

Hello Power People,

I have an Alpha 86 where something has failed resulting in a fault.
Since this failure mode began very shortly after the amp received the
newer and stouter PIN diodes, and the amp was not subjected to excessive
abuse, I believe the control circuitry itself may be wonky. I would like
to take my chances, bypass the internal TR circuitry and also the
control circuitry, and use an external TR switch I have on the shelf
(Ameritron QSK-5).

Unfortunately 100% of the time at the first dit the control circuitry
bounces the amp out of transmit mode rendering it unusable.  I would
like it to stop doing that.  I fully understand the risks and am willing
to take them.

Suggestions?

73 - Mark N5OT