[Amps] Alpha 9500 questions

Mike & Becca Krzystyniak k9mk at flash.net
Mon Jul 27 10:24:48 EDT 2020

Hey OM Bob, long time to see...

I have an early model 9500, first production run with a low serial number
etc.
My 9500 just finished a service/update/repair sweep with Brad K0HM out in
Colorado Springs.

Many of these updates are robustness (replacing undersized resistors or
MOV's etc) and reliability (using all affect device for tuning alignment).
Some were additional tube protection.  Some parts drifted out of spec (not
uncommon with higher value resistors in bleeders and voltage dividers).

Mine also received new HV diodes, proper spark gap and location, and all
PIC's firmware received update to 3.04.
To be clear, beside the main controller updatable via your PC, there are
several PIC's that need programming too.
I did not have the tools to do those so Brad did them for me.

I'm sure any updates and corrections were implemented after they were
discovered to be an issue.
Given the current climate any chance of getting a chronilogical list of what
was done when is unlikely.
You might do better analyzing the reflector database to see if you could
build a timeline there.

73  Mike K9MK