[Amps] ALPHA 89

Robert woodr90 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 15:28:05 EDT 2020

The Alpha 89 uses same board one on input, one on output.
Some resistors are different for different power levels.
http://www.alpharfsystems.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/89_full_schematics.
pdf
Power out and reflected power on output have dedicated set of LEDs.
Note, output power is shown, not output SWR (not sure why input is SWR).

When I first bought the amp, the input drive and SWR functions tied to the
lower set of LEDs wouldn't function.
I'm not sure why it's reflected Watts on output and SWR on input....
Replaced the set of diodes on input board and these functions worked again,
hence my thinking is that lower set of LEDs are input related.

On another Alpha 89 note, Thanks to K0HM for suggesting using six foot piece
of coax on input.  Didn't have an exact six footer, longer coax on input and
SWR on K3 is now a happy 1.4    I'm not sure how that worked but smiling and
moving on!

73 W5AJ

Robert
Midland, Texas