[Amps] Ten Tec Titan Power Supply

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Mar 24 17:46:39 EDT 2020

On 3/24/2020 2:33 PM, Ken Claerbout wrote:
> I have a Titan "Golden Series" amp and power supply here that I was

> Does anyone have a schematic for this style power supply?  I'm sure I
> can figure it out eventually, just hoping I might save some time if
> the schematic is available.

Hi Ken. Two thoughts. First, the almost certain culprit is failure of
one or more of the big HV caps that are in series. Best test I know of
is an old-fashioned VOM, checking each cap individually with forward and
reverse measurement, noting the relative charge/discharge current. A
good cap will have a lot. They can remain in-circuit for the test.

I've needed to do this for two of the three 425s I own. In both cases, I
only needed to replace one or two of the caps.

Second, I'd be pretty surprised if the schematic differs a LOT from the
earlier version that's on my website. k9yc.com/publish.htm

I suspect the failure is the result of the caps needing to be re-formed.
Other list members can provide better advice than I.

73, Jim K9YC