[Amps] 3cx800 13.5Vac 3amp filament transformer

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri May 1 17:20:12 EDT 2020

I have a Radio Shack 18 volt, 4 amp transformer that I have been using with a
dropping resistor for a pair of 3CX800's. It makes me nervous, because if a
filament opens on one tube, the filament voltage on the other tube would spike.

I would like to remove some turns from the secondary and bring it down to 13.5
volts. Doesn't look like a trivial task to disassemble it. Suggestions ?

73,
Steve, N2IC