[Amps] Alpha 76A Filter Caps?

weaverwf at usermail.com weaverwf at usermail.com
Fri Nov 20 14:15:59 EST 2020

I just went through this with an ‘86 that had been on the shelf for about 15 years. I checked the ESR on the caps and rewired the amp for 120 (I only had a 120V variac) and brought it up over a few days without problem. Back to operation at 240V with no problem. You could go this way (fuse the variac appropriately low) and find out whether you need new caps or not :-). You could get lucky.

73,
Bill WE5P

Comfortably Numb