[Amps] Weakness of first two letters of call signs

Alek Petkovic vk6apk at bigpond.com
Tue Oct 6 06:44:59 EDT 2020

Yes. I think it is true. That's why, if I get asked for a repeat of my
call, I will send it at least twice, without a large gap, so that the
second time it is sent at full steam. That usually does the trick.

I run the inward QSL bureau for VK6. I see a lot of cards come in for
VK6FO. Funny thing is, that VK6FO does not exist. The cards are actually
for 4K6FO. I have heard 4K6FO on the air and it is true, the first dit
is extremely hard to pick up because it seems to be sent at lower strength.

I don't pretend to know why this stuff happens, I only wanted to concur
with you and say that it definitely does.

73, Alek, VK6APK