[Amps] add on MUFFIN FAN

Robert W5AJ woodr90 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 01:45:48 EDT 2021

The 89 amp that I'm working on has a PAPST 4850 X muffin fan installed on back

This fan is of questionable value as I see it
the fan curve passes 45 CFM at 0.04 Inches of Water pressure
It's unknown who installed this fan or when this fan was installed

IF you're going to install a muffin fan to help cool for RTTY or contesting or LONG rag chews
Get a good one!
A Comair muffin fan curve (graph) model MX2B3 / MX3A3, MX3B3 passes through 50CFM at 0.2 inches of water
A significant improvement from the 4850X muffin!
http://pages.suddenlink.net/w5aj/dentron/dentron8.jpg

73
Robert W5AJ
Midland, Texas