[Amps] Alpha 87A Won't Transmit

Robert W5AJ woodr90 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 16:21:34 EDT 2021

I've enjoyed hearing how others attach coax connectors
not so much belittling someone about their method they have successfully
used.

I'm on LR method, probably for life.
Many in the local club swear by the DXE crimp on - it works, it works, it
works.
will I ever solder through hole again, probably not.   Preaching won't
change that.
Did the ARRL sanction a method to put on PL259s? HAHA!   An author for QST
or some other ARRL mag wrote an article on it but the ARRL doesn't do
soldering standards last I checked.
That said, maybe I will call club member and try DXE crimp method.....
and I'm headed to Harbor freight to pick up that tap and die set to use for
coax jacket cutting (That will be nice! TNX  Jim)

well, last week the tiller found underground coax.. didn't use any
connectors, hooked center, soldered, taped, tailed the braid and soldered
those together, tape.  That AL shield was just not rejoined.
and I never pull electrical tape apart, cut it.  plumbers pull Teflon tape,
cut electrical tape..

73 W5AJ

Robert
Midland, Texas