[Amps] AL-811 Tube Swap

W4BIN ka4inm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 12:19:09 EDT 2021

     Jay K2ZT Sturtevant wrote:

> Could the graphite plate of a 572B transform from a solid to a gas by
> sublimation?

   I know that carbon has three allotropes, but none are gaseous.
If heat could cause carbon to become gaseous it would be a very poor
choice for use in vacuum tubes.

> I would want to know a rough probability of damaging the finals (gassy) by
> driving them with an input using audio compression or data in a contest or
> bench test. Doesn't compression bring the average output closer to peak
> output? What's the area under the curve look like?

   FM operation (and key down cw) surpasses everything else in peak and
average being the same.

--
   Ron  W4BIN - Understanding is much better than
                                     knowing how.MX