[Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 22 12:25:26 EDT 2021

Carl, et al:

Has anyone contemplated what it would take to create a "dummy" 3-500 for testing in cases like this?
Something along the lines of a 3-500 base, with an appropriate resistor (or group of them) that one could substitute for one of the tubes in the series circuit.
Cooling for said resistor(s) would be accomplished by the blower and chimney in the case of a Henry, or Drake LB. Hopefully, the muffin fan on amps like the SB-220/221 and Drake L7 could take care of that duty as well

I know we have the smarts here to get it done, if it can be, reasonably.
I myself would like to have such a thing on hand for future maintenance/troubleshooting.

Don