[Amps] Testing Tubes with a Henry 2K

Mike McCarthy, W1NR lists at w1nr.net
Mon Aug 23 07:47:08 EDT 2021

Yes you can. You need to keep the drive way down and keep grid and plate
currents at half normal IF YOU CAN LOAD IT PROPERLY which is
questionable. I ran mine with one of the 3-400's dead without knowing it
during a contest. I didn't notice until I saw the power out was only
about 500w. As for the loading, maybe running on 20 into a dummy load
with around 40w drive will allow you to tune and load properly.

W1NR